Lancaster County (PA) – For the first time, Cherry Crest Adventure Farm’s Pumpkin Madness Fest falls on Halloween Day! Throwing, launching, hurling, rolling, and dropping pumpkins are all part of the festivities, along with a series of new activities like a Pumpkin Carving Contest, plus two outrageous “flyby” drops involving candy and pumpkin pies!
Cherry Crest opens at 10 a.m. with its popular family venue of 50+ farm fun activities, games and rides, its Discovery Barn and Animal Experience Center, and the 5-acre interactive Amazing Maize Maze.
The Pumpkin Madness Fest begins at 12 noon with Corny’s Costume Parade – for kids who come in family-friendly costumes (no masks permitted). Cherry Crest’s mascot Corny will be joined by the Pumpkin Princess for the parade and to greet guests throughout the day.
Pumpkin Madness proves you can get very creative when it comes to smashing pumpkins. Activities include:
- Reverse Pumpkin Darts – where you will hurl pumpkins at a board filled with pointy darts!
- Pumpkin Shotput Contest – carefully monitored, where competitors with the farthest throws in their category win a Cherry Crest Adventure Farm season pass!
- Pumpkin Ring Toss – based on the classic carnival game with various levels for different ages.
- Notes from the Sky Pumpkin Drop – where your pumpkin is hurled from the top of a giant boom lift and crashes onto the target below. The bigger the pumpkin the better the splat! People really have fun with this as they can write messages on their pumpkins which are read over the microphone before they’re dropped!
- Pumpkin Smashing – with a big rubber mallet – very therapeutic for all ages!
- Pumpkin Bowling – for kids age 10 and under.
- Pin-the-Face-on-the-Pumpkin – a play on Pin the Tail that’s perfect for small children.
- Flyby Pumpkin Pie Drop – at 3:45 p.m.,where you can watch parachuted pies fall from the sky, just for fun!
- Flyby Candy Drop – at 4 p.m., where kids age 12 & under can grab all they can as a plane drops the goods from 200 feet.
- Monster Pumpkin Drops:
- at 3 p.m. see a 800+ pound pumpkin fall from the giant crane.
- at 5 p.m. the Grand Finale Giant Pumpkin Drop starring the largest pumpkin we can find. The largest to date – at 1,744.5 pounds – is the record to beat this year!
Of course no festival is complete without great food. The Paradise Fire Company will be selling every kind of pumpkin food you can think of! Pumpkin Chili, Whoopee Pies, Pumpkin Trail Mix, Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Cheese Cake and of course, pumpkin pie! In addition our Home Cookin’ Café, Chuck Wagon, and other food stations will be open with a wide array of hot foods to choose from!
Note that Cherry Crest Adventure Farm is open through Saturday, Nov. 7. Fall hours are Thursdays 10am-5pm, Fridays/Saturdays 10am-10pm, plus Election Day Tuesday (Nov. 4) from 10am-5pm. Flashlight Maze hours run from Fri-Sat 6 to 10pm. with the last entrance into the Maze at 9pm.
Disclaimer: Philly Burb Moms is a proud partner and supporter of Cherry Crest Farms!