If you have been thinking of signing up for an Amazon Prime membership.. the time has come!!!
Beginning at midnight on Friday, September 25th, the price of the prime membership is going on sale for $67. This deal is for new members and will last for only 24 hours, so act quickly… you won’t regret it! The regular cost of an Amazon Prime Membership is $99, at $67, this is a great deal!
Some of the reasons that I big puffy heart LOVE Amazon Prime are:
- Free two-day shipping on any eligible item without a minimum-order balance, and free same-day delivery (in 14 metro areas) on eligible orders more than $35. Prime Pantry Delivery costs a flat $5.99 for delivery of heavy and bulky items. Prime Pantry has changed the way I shop! (more on that below)
- Sharing the free shipping benefits (and other Prime benefits) with one other adult and up to four children as part of Amazon Household. You can set up parental controls per child. So your toddler can’t access PG-13 movies or your school age kiddo can’t have access to R rated titles.
- Cash back, if you use an Amazon Credit Card for purchases.
- Video streaming through Amazon Prime Instant Video and music streaming through Amazon Prime Music.
- Photo storage on Amazon Cloud Drive.
- One free Kindle book to borrow each month. They are current titles too.
- Amazon Mom discounts on product subscriptions such as baby wipes and diapers. This benefit can be shared between members of an Amazon Household, another benefit that I LOVE! You can cancel the subscription service at anytime. So when your baby grows out of size 2 diapers, you cancel the size 2 and move up to size 3. They magically appear at your door and you save 20% on diapers with Amazon Mom.
- My son is a gamer and I have spent so much time at the local Game Stop, most of the employees know him (and me) by name. He is 8, so it is kinda funny when we walk in and they greet him by name. He is the “Norm” from Cheers, of the Game Stop. Anywho…. having spent a lot of time researching the best price for Infinity and Skylander figures, I always come back to Amazon. We are currently awaiting the release of Darth Vader and Darth Maul figures for Infinity. I pre-ordered on Amazon and I know they will arrive on time and I won’t have to drive all over creation hunting down Darth Vader.
- You WILL save money! My husband and I use Amazon Prime for pretty much all of our shopping. At the suggestion of a money savvy friend, I recently started ordering from Prime Pantry. I purchase all of my pantry and paper goods (toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, Lysol wipes, etc). In just three months, I have saved money. Probably because I am not going to Target for paper towels and walking out $100 later with a cart full of stuff I wasn’t planning on buying. Target! I love it so, but it gets me every time!
- We also bought a Smart TV (on Amazon, of course!!) and ditched the cable channels and use Amazon Prime Instant Video. There is a fantastic selection of kids shows. My daughter is currently obsessed with all things pig, so we watch “Babe” and “Olivia the Pig” EVERYDAY!!! I am also a big fan of the series “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”. It’s SO funny!!! The reason that Amazon is having this sale is because another one of the series, “Transparent” won five Emmy’s last week. They – the Amazon People are celebrating! I have not watched “Transparent” yet, but it’s on my list. One show with five Emmy wins can’t be wrong, right?
- You can use COUPONS on Amazon…. world rocked, right!?!?!?! Yep, digital coupons. You click on the coupon. Amazon clips it for you, saves it and the total is subtracted when you add the item to your cart and check out.
- Amazon Smile – AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support. I support my kids school PTO.
And those are just some of the reasons that I LOVE Amazon Prime! I have not been paid to write this, I just honestly love the service and wanted to share the information.
My friend Devon from Mama Cheaps posts Amazon deals every day. Make sure to follow her site and Facebook page to stay in the loop and scoop #allthedeals. She has saved me lots of money over the years with her updates and will do the same for you.
Happy Shopping! Happy Saving!