This past week I took my mother, sister, and her 2 children, to Cherry Crest Farm. This happens to my daughters favorite place on Earth, next to Disney World and Dutch Wonderland. Seriously. When in doubt, road trip to CCF! They were so excited to share their favorite spot with their favorite people. My sister lives outside of Baltimore and my mom is in Delaware County, yet neither of them had been to our little gem!
What do I love so much about CCF? Let me count the ways…
1) It’s an affordable whole-day activity. We’ve never been there less than 4 hours.
2) I can pack my own food without issue. Plus we buy treats there. They have fresh ice cream from Turkey Hill and delicious roasted corn on the cob (what better treat after going through the huge corn maze than to eat maize???). We also love their lemonade and this year bought the refillable souvenir cup.
3) They get to hold baby chicks! This is my #2’s absolutely favorite part. I love it for the photo ops, they are always all smiles! There’s an incubator with eggs ready to hatch. Twice now we’ve watched a chick hatch, amazing to witness!
4) The Strasburg Railroad old coal powered train drives right through every 20 minutes. It’s loud, but an enjoyable volume that let’s us stop and wave. A very cool experience.
5) There’s no lights and buttons. This is good old fashioned, pure, simple, outdoor, JOY. No better way to describe it.
6) The new piggy races are ridiculously adorable. We love pigs, and this involves the audience, and we got to see pigs SWIM, like dogs do!
Here’s my newest plan. This is our 3rd season visiting and loving CCF and now I’m beginning to see all of these new possibilities! I came home and told my hubby that this fall, we’re going to head out there for date night to do the flashlight corn maze. It’s not something I can do with my “Quad Squad” since they are 6.5 and younger, but it would be super fun to do with my man!
While there, my sister said “How come you haven’t had any of your kids’ birthday parties here?” DING! Why haven’t I? It’s only 30 minutes from our home! So my wheels are turning with that idea. And my third thought, this would be a great location for a reunion. Maybe my college friends, family, etc. It’s just so family-oriented, vast, tons of tables and tents, and great fun for every age group!
Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I honestly and truly am obsessed with CCF and it’s my families favorite spot! In exchange for my brag posts, which I’m thrilled to do, CCF gifts my family a membership.