Two weeks ago I cheated on my mommy-van when I started off my week driving “a big bad truck,” as my 2.5 year old called it. Thanks to GM, the Tahoe was mine to drive around for the week. So, I safely installed my 4 car seats into the vehicle and then it was good to go.
Why this “big bad truck” rocked:
1) There’s a center aisle to walk through that was very convenient
2) The blue tooth was easy to set up
4) The music was clear and speakers sounded great
5) I had SIRIUS radio for the first time ever! So much fun!
6) The trunk had a great cargo net so my grocery bags didn’t fall out when I opened the door.
7) The ride was so smooth that I felt like I was driving a sports car, not a “big bad truck”. It was super easy to go from 30-60MPH when I entered the highway.
8) Though I was intimidated at first, parking the Tahoe was just as easy as with my minivan. I definitely relied on and loved the parking sensors and reverse camera!
9) The foot boards automatically come down when you open doors and go back up upon closing them. Not only is this a safety feature, but it’s very exciting for an almost-6 year old to show off to her friends.
10) I drove it around 100% of the time for an entire week and didn’t even go below a half a tank of gas! It’s not nearly the gas-guzzler it looks to be.
This car will absolutely be on my potential list when I’m ready for a new vehicle in 3+ years. When I am not picking up a child in the kindergarten line and when I have 2 out of car seats with backs it will be PERFECT for us. When I gave the Tahoe back to the Tierney Agency I felt like I was trading in my very chic, stylish, and luxurious wheels for my sweatpants, “everyone has one” wheels. I love my minivan but I rocked my “big bad truck”!
Disclaimer: In exchange for this honest review, GM lent me the Tahoe at no charge.