Here are some unique packaging tips to give handmade gifts an extra-special touch:
• Package homemade biscotti, cookies, or even body products in vintage tins or jars. A beautiful container is an additional gift that the recipient can keep long after the handmade gift is gone.
• Instead of using traditional wrapping paper or gift bags, wrap boxes in craft paper and decorate with pens and markers. Wrap jars and bottles in fabric, burlap, or a pretty kitchen towel and secure it with colorful striped baker’s twine.
• Attach a Christmas ornament to the outside of the package in lieu of a traditional gift tag. Ornaments can be treasured for years to come.
• Include a hand-written note or card with the recipe for your gift – it is the gift that keeps on giving!
My 4 year old and I made the Vanilla Body Scrub from Nielsen-Massey Vanillas. This is the perfect gift for friends, sisters, daughters, or anyone who deserves a bit of pampering this holiday season. Olivia wants to give it to her preschool director, so that’s who we made this gift for! Fragrant Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar gently exfoliates while olive oil moisturizes, leaving skin feeling soft, smooth and rejuvenated. And it smells delicious!
Vanilla Body Scrub
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
Decorative, waterproof container (we used a Mason jar and holiday stickers)
Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
Spoon into the container.
Wrap in decorative paper. (Or in this case, a chaotic array of stickers by a 4-year old.)
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.
If you are interested in making the Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Body Scrub or your own DIY holiday gift, we have partnered with Nielsen-Massey and are giving away an 8.5-oz jar of Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar.
- Vanilla Bean Marshmallows
- Decadent Holiday Fudge
- Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Almonds
- Gourmet Blueberry Vanilla Granola
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Rub
- Chocolate Coffee Biscotti
To purchase your own bottle, or other luxurious Nielsen-Massey products, go here.
Disclaimer: In exchange for this write-up, I was mailed my own bottle of Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar.