Lancaster County (PA) – Fall is a magical time of year at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. Temperatures are beginning to drop. The corn stalks and surrounding farmland will soon show their fall colors. And a series of special events have been added to Cherry Crest’s 15 acres of farm fun outdoor activities.
This year’s “Music Through the Decades” 5-acre corn maze continues to challenge trekkers to find hidden clues and Kernels of Knowledge – through a gigantic interactive game that offers multiple levels of play and fun diversions to test your navigational skills.
Starting Sept. 19th, you can also tackle the maze at night in a series of 18 Flashlight Mazes that will run every Friday–Saturday from 6:30-10 p.m. through closing day Nov. 8. Initially started as a non-scary alternative to Halloween, the Flashlight Maze is a completely different experience because the moon and a flashlight guide the way. They’re great for groups as admission also includes a bonfire and wagon ride, plus you can add a campfire package with food options.
The Fall Season schedule also includes:
• Pick-Your-Own To Take Home – Friday/Saturday Sept. 20 – Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wonder through six acres of pumpkins and popcorn (that you pop in a microwave, right on the ear). Plus there’s Cherry Crest’s Fall Market that is set up by the General Store.
• Family Fun Day – Sept. 20 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. with guest entertainment plus exhibits by area ministries who serve local, regional and international causes.
• Columbus Day Monday – Oct. 13 from 10am-5pm. with all of the regular daytime activities.
• Sukkos Holiday – Tuesday, Oct. 14, noon – 5 p.m. with a special menu by Central PA Kosher Mart.
• Don’t Forget to VOTE Tuesday – Nov. 4 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. with all of the regular daytime activities.
• Pumpkin Madness Festival – Saturday, Nov. 1 from noon until 5 p.m., with a zany roster of pumpkin destruction activities and a special menu of pumpkin inspired food.
A general admission Day Pass includes over 50 Farm Fun games, activities and rides – from the maze to the Farm Experience Center and Discovery Barn, plus great rides like the Wagon Express, Pedal Karts and Farm Tour Wagon Ride. On the adjoining hillside is the Singing Chicken Show, plus a Straw Bale Racer, Giant Hay Chute Slide, Obstacle Course, Barnyard Ball-cade, Tunnel Maze, Hay Jump Tent, two gigantic Jump Pillows and Giant Slinger.
When you get hungry the farm offers expanded lunch and dinner menus starring Angus burgers, chicken, fries, healthy salads and wraps, beverages and sweets, and Cherry Crest’s famous fresh roasted sweet corn. There are eight food service facilities on premise, a Cider Donut Shop plus a School House Sweet Shop starring 30 made-on-the-premise fudge flavors that our own customers have rated “Lancaster’s Best”!!!!
Location: 150 Cherry Hill Road, Ronks (PA) – about 12 miles east of Lancaster, 2 miles east of Strasburg, off of Rt. 741 on Cherry Hill Road, Paradise Township. Free parking.
Fall Hours: starting Sept. 18 – Thursdays 10am-5pm • Fridays-Saturdays 10am-10pm. Flashlight Mazes run 6:30-10pm. Cherry Crest Adventure Farm is also open Columbus Day Monday 10am-5pm and closes for the season on Saturday, Nov. 8.
Admission: $15 Thursday-Friday Fall Day Pass, $18 Saturday Fall Day Pass admits all ages 3 and up. Children age 2 and under always admitted free. Flashlight Maze admission is $12. Last admission to the maze is 90 minutes prior to closing.