Combine the Strasburg Railroad, Thomas the Train activities and train ride, and five little girls, ages 5.5 and younger, plus two moms on a VERY hot June day and you know what you get? AMAZINGLY good memories!
Sir Topham Hatt®, Controller of the Railway, joins Thomas the Tank Engine along with a day of Thomas-themed activities including arts & crafts, storytelling and fun extras around the station including rides aboard vintage Pump Cars, hand-propelled Cranky Cars and a Pint-Sized Pufferbelly train – all included in the ticket price.
* We went on a weekday for the 10:45am train ride. I would recommend that ride or any earlier times. There was no wait, we ended with plenty of time to get lunch before melt downs ensued. And crowds were so minimal that the girls got to go on the Cranky Cars (their favorite) four times in a row. Plus the bathrooms had no lines.
* Be prepared, the 25-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine (where you hear Thomas greet his fans) is open-window. Breeze felt great!!!
* There’s stroller parking around the station since strollers are not permitted on the train or in certain areas. I recommend having one for the lengthy walk to the event from parking- depending on time of day, etc.
* Don’t forget pictures with Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway! * Leave time to visit the Thomas & Friends Imagination Station featuring stamps, temporary tattoos, hands-on arts & crafts, train tables, and coloring sheets.
* Bring filled water bottles, snacks, etc.
* The staff is awesome about taking your picture with their cameras AND with yours! Just ask!!!
Planning Your Visit:
WHEN: June 14 – 22, 2014
TIME: Trains departing every 30 minutes:
Saturday 9:15 am – 3:45 pm
Sunday, 9:45 am – 3:15 pm
Monday – Friday 10:15 am – 1:45 pm
WHERE: 301 Gap Road, Ronks, PA 17572
Ticket prices are $21.00 plus tax for ages 2 and up (service charges and fee may apply).
Disclaimer: In exchange for my honest review and information write up, I was given free tickets for our experience on June 18, 2014.