New Jersey is my home. It is where I was born and raised. It is is where I am raising. Sure, Jersey girls don’t pump their own gas but that isn’t the best part of why being from the Garden State is awesome. It is awesome for many other reasons. I have never lived in Pennsylvania so I can not compare but here are 10 reasons I love being a Jersey girl.
1. I can live on farm land and 10 minutes away from the beach. Can someone say paradise?
2. Those same kind of farms grow great fruits and vegetables. It has a spectacular climate for growing the best blueberry wine ever. Come on over and enjoy a glass with me.
3. I live close enough to NYC, Washington DC, and Philly to not turn to timid. I love the rush of the city! I love how it makes me be open to many things and inspires me to think out of the box.
4. I live far enough from NYC, Washington DC, and Philly to not turn to tough. After I stay in the city for a few days I get stressed. This is how I know I was meant to be a Jersey girl. Give me Jersey, Give me Zen.
5. I know what it is like to party like a reality tv star, I just know how to do it with class! Snookie has got nothing on me.
6. The diversity of people in New Jersey makes me smile, smile big. Hispanic, Asian and Middle Eastern heritage, among other ethnicities, bring with them their culture that is ours for the learning. I love that in NJ we are not the same.
7. The Art: I love that New Jersey is thick with talent. Being on the outskirts of New York it is New Jersey that is home to many different kinds of art and this gives a great gift to my children. I truly believe art is a universal language and New Jerseyians speak that language well.
8. History: It is everywhere. New Jersey was one of the original 13 colonies. Everywhere I go a story can be told to me through architecture, museums, and lighthouses. I truly consider it amazing.
9. One day you can build a snowman from snow and the next day you can build a snowman from sand. It is in New Jersey that you can enjoy the sun, the surf, and on occasion the snow. Just the perfect amount of snow not too much, not too little, but just right.
10. Nothing has made me more proud of my state than the days following Hurricane Sandy. I have never seen politics been pushed as side, strangers come together, and New Jersey be so unstoppable. It was in late October that I realized Jersey strong was not just a saying. It is a lifestyle and that is why I love New Jersey so very very much!
All good things must come to an end but don’t just take my word for it that New Jersey is awesome come see for yourself. You are invited this summer to enjoy the Jersey Shore, to hike the jersey trails, to live the Jersey lifestyle. Come on in, the water is fine!
About Elizabeth: Elizabeth has been a reader and friend of the Philly Burb Moms sites for years but has always stayed true to Cape May, her home town. Hurricane Sandy rocked her world but didn’t get her down and actually has helped by starting a website that is yours for the liking so you to can enjoy the Jersey Shore. Get the latest deals to enjoy the Jersey Beaches at a discount at www.facebook.com/ccouponer ! Sandy is in the past and a bright sunny summer is in the future!