Did you know that Walmart sells paint? They do! I didn’t know that until an opportunity to work with Disney Paint and Glidden popped up in my inbox. In the Exton Walmart the Paint Department is in the back right corner near the Automotive Section and in the Parkesburg Walmart the Paint Department is off to the left near the gardening and pet supplies. You can buy everything from rollers to drop cloths, painters tape to matching bedding and accessories all in one place.
I have been selected to work on a room re-decorating project using Disney Paint sold exclusively at Walmart. I am excited about this opportunity, but my son is REALLY excited about this project. He is almost six and isn’t a fan of the jungle themed murals on his walls, painted before he was born or his cheetah print dresser, I painted hundreds of cheetah spots on. I won an online award for “most fabulous nest” from Mamanista in 2007, but even the fact that it was an “award winning bedroom” couldn’t sway him to embrace the cheetah. Sigh!
These photos were from the “Best Nest” contest
I loved my sons room just the way it was and would have been very happy if it stayed jungle-like forever, but for a growing boy that likes action heros, video games and sports the baby jungle room isn’t going to cut it. I want him to be happy in his space and have pride in his room, so I hopped at the chance to participate in this makeover project.
I took my son with me to Walmart with me to pick out the new color. Without even telling him we were selecting a Disney Paint color he ran right to the display. Ryan from the Parkesburg, Walmart was AWESOME in helping us select the color and played along with the excitement of the project.
- Disney Paint is a new line of paints available only at Walmart that captures the magic and inspiration of Disney with 112 exclusive colors and five innovative specialty finishes that are easy to use and apply.
- Disney Paint is a premium-quality, ultra-durable paint that was formulated with your child in mind to withstand wear and tear, as well as repeated scrubs and washes. Scuffs, crayon and pencil marks, little finger prints, and tough stains, such as grape juice, wash off easily without removing the magical color.
- Disney Paint is low odor and has no VOCs.
- Disney Paint has a distinct collection of colors grouped into palettes designed to give your children options at every stage of style – from infant to tween. The diverse palettes make decorating with your child – no matter the age – easy and fun.
- Some colors are designed to complement not only each other but also Walmart’s Disney bedding and Disney room accessories, such as furniture, toys and décor options, sold in store or online.
Stay tuned for more posts as I paint and redecorate and… of course, the big reveal…
Disclaimer: Compensation and products for review were provided by Glidden via MomTrends. The opinions expressed are mine and are not indicative of the opinions of Glidden.