“Best Preschool of Chester County” Daily Local News, Readers Choice Award Winner!
Can you believe that it’s already time to register the kids for the 2013-2014 school year?! It is. If you aren’t sure where to send your Chester County kid, let me share my experiences with Kesher Israel Preschool and Kindergarten. My family LOVES it.
I will begin by telling you that when my oldest child was 3, we moved to West Chester from Maryland and I began the search for the perfect school for my daughter. We looked around (and around, and around) and narrowed it down to two: Kesher, and the “other” school. We took tours of both schools, and ultimately decided on the “other” school. You may be thinking, “Why are you telling me this?? I thought this was supposed to be an endorsement for Kesher??!” Here’s why… One year later, we switched to Kesher (should have just chosen it in the first place!!) and we sent both of our kids through the program. This is my 4th year as a Kesher parent, and our family couldn’t be happier.
Here’s what I love about it, in no particular order.
1. Amazing teachers: These teachers really do love our kids. The children are greeted at the classroom doors daily with hugs and kisses, and are truly cared about throughout the day. The teachers create lessons which expose our kids to age-appropriate experiences that strengthen socialization
2. Parental involvement: I am sometimes overwhelmed by the sheer number of opportunities to participate in my child’s classroom experience (and that’s a good thing!) Parents are invited to assist with classroom activities as well as attend parties and festivals.
3. Variety of programs: There are programs for every age group and every interest at Kesher. Here are Kesher Israel’s Preschool/Kindergarten program descriptions.
- FULL-DAY KINDERGARTEN: M-F 8:45am-2:45pm (must be five by 9/30/13). Kesher has a low teacher-child ratio and models PA State Standards.
- PRE-KINDERGARTEN: M-F 9am-12pm (must be five by 12/31/13).
- FOURS PROGRAM: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 9am-12pm (must be four by 9/30/13).
- THREES PROGRAM: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9am-12pm (must be three by 9/30/13).
- ENRICHMENT: Children enrolled in the 3’s or 4’s may sign up to attend school on Thursdays 9am-12pm.
- TWOS PROGRAM: Tuesday & Thursday 9am-12pm (must be two by 9/30/13).
- TODDLER GROUP: With an adult on Thursday 9:15-10:45am (must be one by 9/30/13).
- AFTERNOON CONNECTIONS – SPORTS OR ARTS: Once a week enrichment classes for the 4’s and 5’s.
- SOCCER SHOTS: The 3’s, 4’s and 5’s are given the opportunity to participate in an age appropriate soccer class.
- COMPUTER TOTS: An optional computer class that meets one afternoon a week.
4. Flexibility: Kesher allows you to customize your own schedule. While the preschool programs officially end at noon (see above), additional hours are available for all children until 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 or 4:00 every day. Also, you can begin your child’s day at 8:00am!! This has been a fantastic advantage for me. I am a stay at home mom with a small internet business on the side (insert shameless plug here – www.LizOhsiekDesigns.com). If I get stuck with an unexpected order or need a couple extra hours to get things done, I am able to sign my kid up for an extended day at school. Huge sanity saver.
5. Diverse community: I know many of you may be thinking… “This all sounds great, but my family isn’t Jewish. We can’t attend a pre-school at a synagogue.” Not so, my friends! Did you know that less than half of Kesher’s preschool families are Jewish? It’s true. My own family happens to be interfaith (I’m Jewish, my husband isn’t) and my kids have met children of many different religions and races at Kesher Israel.
There are still limited spots available for the Fall. If you are still looking for a preschool program for your child or are considering a move from a different program, feel free to take a look at the website [http://www.kesher-israel.org/
*This is a sponsored post provided to Chester County Moms, written by, Liz Ohsiek, a KI Preschool Mom.