Hello Chester County Moms!
It‘s Nicole from The Twinery here with a fun valentine idea…
…a “Clappy” Happy Valentine!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner and with most schools asking for children to bring in non-candy valentines due to allergies – we know that not every child wants to hand out pencils.
That’s why I wanted to come up with a unique & cute non-candy treat to hand out for Valentine‘s Day – a heart clapper with a cute valentine message!
I found these adorable heart shaped clappers from Oriental Trading and created a free printable valentine tag – together, they make the perfect non-candy valentine to hand out!
I thought of a few silly valentine messages to go along with the heart shaped hand clappers…
“Valentine, You Make My Heart Clap!”
“My Heart Claps for You, Valentine!”
Once you have the heart clappers, here’s what you’ll need to do to create your own Heart Clapper Valentines using our free printable tags:
1. Download our “Clappy” Happy Valentine printable tags HERE.
2. Save as a PDF file and then print the file. We highly recommend printing on Matte Photo Paper (it’s thick like card stock, but it gives a really crisp image when printed). Just make sure you choose the proper ‘paper type’ from your printer’s settings so you get the best finished product.
3. Cut the tags to your desired size. The best part about our printable…you can choose what size you’d like to use! Cut the full design for a gift tag or if you want a smaller tag…only cut out the ‘pennant’ shape in the middle, too!
4. For stringing your gift tags on the heart clappers, we used our colorful baker’s twine. We created these printables to match our line of colorful, vibrant baker’s twine in the following shades: Maraschino, Pink Sorbet, Caribbean, Honeydew, Lilac & Cantaloupe
5. Grab your tags and supplies, then go to town! Have fun!
It’s been so much fun spending time over here at Chesco Moms today!