Creative Writing is an excellent way for children to strengthen their language arts skills as well as exercise their imagination! Writing can be engaging, fun and innovative. Inspire your child to enhance their storytelling skills with some of these writing prompts and watch your child’s imagination and creativity soar!
10 Kids Creative Writing Prompts:
- What would you do if you could fly?
- Write a poem about your favorite person, place or animal.
- What is your dream job?
- What would you do if you had a million dollars?
- Imagine that you are on the tallest building in New York City. What do you see?
- What if you were a snowflake, what would your day be like?
- Imagine if you met a genie and were granted 3 wishes. What would they be? Why?
- What would you do if you were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and your boat springs a leak?
- If you were the last person on earth what would you do? Why?
- What would you do if you woke up in another country and no one understood a word you said?
Give your child ample time to select the prompt and write his story. You may also want to participate with your child. Be creative and let your imaginations go wild! Share your stories with each other and have fun!
Yolanda Coleman is the Founder and President of Team Tutor and lives in Montgomery County with her husband and three young daughters.