As you are still enjoying the last days of summer, beat the heat with a Poptail, where summer’s two favorites, the popsicle and the frosty drink, combine. Next time you entertain try serving up one these summer time favorites with an adult twist.
RECIPE: Mojito Pops
Adapted from Erin Cooks
- 1 1/2 cups Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 1/2 cups Club Soda
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Mint Leaves
- 1 Lemon, peeled and cut in wedges
- 3 Limes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 Tbs Light Rum
- Combine the lime juice, club soda, and water into a pitcher and set aside while you peel and cut up lemon and limes.
- To the pitcher add mint, lemon & lime wedges, sugar, and rum. Muddle all of the ingredients together with a muddler or wooden spoon.
- Remove the lemon & lime wedges and pour mixture into popsicle molds, distributing the mint evenly. Insert the sticks. Freeze for at least 12 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before removing the sticks from the molds.
RECIPE: Margarita Pops
Adapted from Bon Appetit, March 2003
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 6 TBS Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup coarse Kosher Salt
- 6 frozen lime-flavored ice pops or fruit bars, unwrapped
- Mix together tequila and lime juice in a small pitcher.
- Put the coarse salt in a small bowl.
- Place all ice pops into a deep bowl with the sticks going up or place 1 pop in each of 6 glasses.
- Pour tequila- lime juice mixture over ice pops.
- Lightly dip 1 edge of each ice pop into coarse salt and serve.
For more entertaining tips and recipes from Zareen, visit her blog Cooking With Z.