Harris Family Ministries is leading the 3rd annual Stop the Drugs Stop the Violence Crusade on Saturday July 23, 2011 at the picturesque Riverfront Park along Hanover St & College Drive, Pottstown PA. This FREE event will be held between the hours of 12:00 noon and 4:00 pm and is open to the public of the Greater Pottstown and surrounding areas.
Some notable program participants in this year’s crusade are:
• Philip Rosenthal of Southeastern Pennsylvania Legal Services will be on hand to review the process for expungement of summary offences and share information on the Federal bonding program, ability for grandparents to obtain benefits for grandchildren, welfare denial appeal process and much more.
• Dr. Rocio Nell, Executive Director of Montgomery County Emergency Services will be speaking about the link between mental health and substance abuse and what help is available,
• Mr. William James of Keeping our Kids Safe on-line will be sharing about cyber bullying and ways to identify and stop such behavior.
• Chuck Bentham retired Philadelphia and Camden homicide detective will discuss transformative learning techniques and how people can take accountability for their behavior and create new possibilities for themselves and those around them.
• Mrs. Gail Cooper of Pottstown School District Middle School will be on hand to discuss issues that plague our communities and schools as well as some solutions.
• Pottstown teen, Liana Carvalho, will be the keynote speaker to address alternatives to drugs and violence.
• The Pennsylvania Free Masons will provide FREE Child safety and Identification kits
FREE food, family entertainment and more will be available. Resource people and information will be available at tables near the park amphitheatre. A prayer tent will be on site for those seeking spiritual guidance in a better life.
Area business Sponsors for this event are: Wegmans Collegeville, Wawa store #8040, Little Italy, George Wausnock State Farm & Joan Wausnock, Journal Register/The Mercury, Redner’s Warehouse Markets, Giant Food Stores-Upland Square, A-Treat Beverages Allentown, Pat’s Beverages, Frank A Smith Beverages, Pottstown Health & Wellness, Jeffery Jackson Enterprises Inc, West Point Coins, Memories “N” More, Second Baptist Church, Friendly’s Restaurant, Warren Holohan/Ink and Essence and Weis Markets of Pottstown. Individual donations were received from many concerned citizens.
For more information, contact: Harris Family Ministries at 610-323-8718