A couple years ago I discovered the Cucumber Mojito and then last year the Cucumber Margarita. Both drinks were so tasty and perfect for the summertime. It is something a little different, very refreshing and fun. So this weekend I went on a search for a different cucumber drink to serve as a cocktail at a bbq. I discovered the Cool as a Cucumber Cocktail.
Recipe: Cool as a Cucumber Cocktail
Adapted from Drink of the Week
- 8 oz. White Rum
- 4 oz. Cucumber-Cilantro Syrup (recipe below)
- Club Soda
- Frozen Cucumber Slices
- Lime Slices
- In a pitcher combine cucumber-cilantro syrup and rum.
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice a quarter to half way up.
- Fill 2/3 of the way with the cucumber cocktail.
- Top off with club soda.
- Garnish with frozen cucumber and lime slices.
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/4 of a medium Cucumber, chopped
- In a small saucepan bring the water to a boil, add in the sugar and 1/4 cup of the cilantro and stir to combine until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Combine cooled syrup with lime juice, chopped cucumber and remaining cilantro in a blender until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
For more recipes and entertaining tips from Zareen visit her blog Cooking With Z.