I like appetizers that take a few simple items and can be quickly assembled. This way you can devote the majority of your prep time on setting up the main course. For the last few get togethers I have attended/thrown, I have been assembling this great appetizer. It is a hit, tasty and couldn’t be easier to put together.
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Kalmata Olives, pitted
- 1 hunk Feta Cheese, sliced
- 1 package Mini Pita Pockets, slice in half
- 1 container store bought Hummus
- Place the hummus in a bowl, sprinkle with little paprika and place in the middle of a large platter.
- Surround the bowl with smaller bowls filled with the cucumber, red onion, olives and feta.
- Scatter the pita around the platter.
- To serve, each guest can fill their pocket with their choice of ingredients.
For more cooking and entertaining tips from Zareen, visit her blog Cooking With Z.