With Memorial Day barbecues fast approaching I thought I’d share one of my favorite salads to make and share at a potluck BBQ table. Black Bean Salad. It can pull double duty, I have served it both as a side salad and as an appetizer with tortilla chips. It’s easy and quick to pull together and just plain tasty.
RECIPE: Black Bean Salad
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of Corn
- 1/2 cup chopped Red Onions
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Avocado, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Cumin, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Kosher Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine black beans, corn, red onions, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin and sugar to taste and mix gently but well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For more recipes and entertaining tips from Zareen, visit her blog Cooking With Z.