This week I am deviating a bit from my norm. I just think these are so cute that I had to share. I had every intention of making one of these and snapping some pictures for you this morning but realized I didn’t have licorice or coconut like I thought I did. These cupcakes are so super easy to put together and would look absolutely adorable on a dessert table, buffet or at each child’s plate for Easter dinner or brunch.
Basically, you take a cupcake and cover the top with “Easter Grass” (green shredded coconut), bend a length of licorice as a a basket handle and top the grass with speckled eggs.
What you will need:
- Iced Cupcakes
- Shredded Coconut
- Green Food Coloring
- Red Licorice or another Gummy Candy that comes in strips
- Speckled Candy Eggs
- First grab an iced cupcake either white or green icing. These can be your favorite recipe or store-bought.
- Put a handful of shredded coconut in a zip lock bag. Add in a few drops of green food coloring, seal bag and shake to mix it together.
- Scatter the coconut on top of the cupcake to look like Easter Grass.
- Poke a hole with a wooden or metal skewer on each side of the top of the cupcake. Take a piece of licorice bend it in half and insert each end into the cupcake to form a basket handle.
- Arrange 3 speckled candy coated chocolate eggs on top.
For more recipes and entertaining tips from Zareen, visit her blog Cooking With Z.