A few years ago, we went to a St. Patrick’s day party. We ate baked potatoes and had green milkshakes. One of my friends, though, cooked up a really creative treat to contribute. I’ve been making it every March since (even though I am in no way Irish).
This treat is a fun take on Rice Crispy treats. I am sure you can see where this is going. 🙂 But, since it’s simple, tasty AND festive for the holiday, it is the perfect treat to make with your kids for St. Patrick’s Day!
Luck O’ The Irish Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows – OR – 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Lucky Charms cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
See? So fun! And honestly, SO TASTY!
Enjoy the upcoming green holiday, and I’ll be back next week with another recipe!
You can read more about Steph’s life and recipes at her blog, Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom.