Did you know that The Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (PIFA) will be gracing our fine city from April 7 through May 1, 2011? I didn’t either, but I am so glad that I’ve been informed. I can’t wait to experience this festival of all the different art forms that my family loves!
PIFA is a three-week festival featuring free and ticketed performances and activities. Inspired by the
There is a multitude of art disciplines represented at this festival to enjoy from music (hip-hop, classical, opera, jazz, pop, world) and dance (hip-hop, ballet, modern) to visual arts, theater, and fashion there is sure to be something for everyone. They’ve even included circus arts, culinary arts, architecture, puppetry and film as well.
Some of the highlights of this 3 week festival are:
· First-ever major collaboration between The Philadelphia Orchestra and the Pennsylvania Ballet
· ?uestlove of The Roots in concert with French chanteuse Keren Ann
· Circus arts performances and activities including La Compagnie Transe Express and Grounded Aerial
· Hope: An Oratorio by hot composer Jonathan Leshnoff
The festival was made possible by an extraordinary grant from
Enjoy your time at the PIFA festival. We Philadelphians (and beyond) are in for a very rare treat indeed!
* This is a sponsored post. Stay tuned as Chester County Moms explores thePhiladelphia International Festival of the Arts through May 1st.