The Domestic Violence Center of Chester Countyhas been serving our community since 1976. They have helped over 25,000 survivors of domestic violence. They are committed to empowering survivors of domestic abuse through information, and supporting them as they reclaim their lives.
There are many opportunities to offer time, talents and service to the Domestic Violence Center this Holiday Season. Each of these projects are important and will go a long way in brightening the lives of survivors of domestic violence and their children.
Please read below and contact the Center (Information is at the bottom of the post) if you can help in any way!
1) THANKSGIVING DINNERS will be provided to clients. Currently, we need 35 dinners. These will be delivered uncooked to our residents who will then be able to create their own Thanksgiving dinner memories.
If you can donate a turkey of any size and/or the fixings to complete a dinner, that would be wonderful ! Potatoes, gravy, cranberries, canned vegetables, chicken broth, rolls, a dessert, etc. We will need them dropped off on Monday, November 22nd, Tuesday, the 23rd or Wednesday, the 24th. If you cannot drop off, we can make arrangements to pick up.
2) SHELTER DECORATING November 30th/December 1st from 9-3 both days. We have the decorations on hand. We need to put up 3 trees and decorate the 3 common areas of shelter. Currently, we have 2 people who can make it.
3) WEST CHESTER BOROUGH LIVE TREE DECORATING. We have been designated a recipient of donations collected as a result of a community project “Santa Causes”. We will need your creativity in developing decorations that communicate the mission of the DVCCC. We will also need your help in actually decorating the tree that will be on display during the holiday season. So far, 3 people are slated to help . This must be done before Dec 1.
4) Gift wrap about 100 presents for the Board Sponsored Holiday party. December 9th 9-3 Gifts and gift wrap on hand. Please bring scissors. Currently, we have 6 people lined up to help, but need additional elves.
5) Help with Holiday party such as * Call pizza places to get donations of pizza, * Make baked ziti for the party (Ingredients provided) and * Help create centerpieces.
6) Adopt a family- Make the holidays special by adopting a family of any size and providing gifts for them from their “wish list”.
Please use the following contact information if you would like to help: