Last weekend we were at a friend’s house for dinner and after dessert she served this warm and yummy cocktail, called a Hot Apple Pie. It was beyond good and comforting. It could be a great drink to welcome your guests on Thanksgiving weekend, to top with whipped cream and serve after-dinner or just unwind with by the fire at the end of the evening. It’s made with a liquor called Tuaca which imparts a citrusy-vanilla flavor and Apple Cider. As a bonus the warm apple cider on your stove will fill your house with a delicious festive scent.
RECIPE: Hot Apple Pie Cocktail
* 6 oz. Apple Cider – warmed
* 2 oz. Tuaca
* Cinnamon Stick
* Whipped Cream (optional)
1. Pour the Tuaca into a glass mug (like an Irish Whisky mug) and add in the heated Apple Cider.
2. Throw in a Cinnamon Stick and give it a stir.
3. If you wish, you can top it off with a little whipped cream.
And of course, here is a quick little easy appetizer for you too. Prosciutto wrapped Figs. You can assemble these ahead of time and just pop them in the oven quickly before your guests arrive.
RECIPE: Prosciutto Wrapped Figs
* Mission Figs
* Aged Parmesan – chopped into 1/2″ chunks
* Olive Oil
* Sea Salt
* Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Create a slit in the middle of each fig and place a chunk of Parmesan inside.
3. Wrap each fig with a slice of prosciutto, tucking the ends at the bottom.
4. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.