As a part of my DIY Summer Series I have been thinking of ways to keep my little ones entertained and active without breaking the bank. I have talked about field trips and crafts and below are a few easy recipes for DIY Popsicles that my kids love and I am sure yours will to.
You can use popsicle molds or 3 oz. disposable plastic cups with a craft/popsicle stick. You can also use ice cube trays and toothpicks for little pops.
Very Berry Patriotic Popsicles – so fun for 4th of July get togethers!
1 container of blueberries
1 container of strawberries
1 container of vanilla frozen yogurt
Popsicles molds or 3 oz. cups and craft/popsicle sticks
- Chop the strawberries into little pieces
- Slice blueberries in half
- Put small amount of yogurt in popsicles molds, then a layer of strawberries, another layer of yogurt, then blueberries.
- Repeat until molds are full.
- Insert sticks and freeze.
Fruit Cocktail Popsicles
1 can of fruit cocktail
- pour canned fruit cocktail into popsicle molds or 3 oz. disposable cups – including juice.
- Insert craft/popsicle sticks
- servings may vary
Flavored Water Popsicles
As part of the Aquafina Flavor Splash Mom Ambassador program I have received a sample of each of the six Flavor Splash flavors – Grape, Wild Berry, Lemon, Strawberry Kiwi, Raspberry and Peach Mango. My family loves the water so I figured they would love it frozen as popsicles too.
I am not sure, but I think my son might be part monkey the way he eats bananas. They are hands down his favorite treat – have been since he was a baby.
- Cut the banana in half. (don’t slice it – cut it in half)
- Stick popsicle sticks into each banana half.
- Place on wax paper and freeze.
You can also jazz this recipe up a little by rolling the banana in crushed up Grape Nut cereal.
Makes 2 Servings.
Orange Dream Pops
6 oz. of pulp free orange juice
1 pint of softened vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Mix ingredients together in a blender
- pour into popsicle molds or 3 oz cups
- insert popsicle sticks
- servings vary
If you have any recipes or would like to share a DIY Summer tip please leave a comment below or email us at chestercountymoms(at)gmail.com.
“I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for Aquafina FlavorSplash and have received various FlavorSplash samples to facilitate my participation. Mom Central will send me a gift card at the end of the program.”