I came up with this recipe during the blizzard season from a few months ago. While enduring Cabin Fever, after being cooped up for several days on end, I couldn’t help but develop a craving for restaurant food. My body wanted OUT of this house, and AWAY from the same food we’d been eating for days on end.
I have found that being able to recreate restaurant meals at home is a great way to save money. For a fraction of the cost of eating out, you can enjoy the same great tastes with your family. I love this. And trying to imitate the recipes juuuuust right is a fun adventure.
This recipe is my version of a simple Olive Garden favorite – “Capellini Pomodoro.” I order it almost every time I go to Olive Garden. I realized it is a super simple meal, one that I should be able to make at home. So I tried. And it worked. And it’s GOOD.
- 1 box of Linguine (I used 100% Whole Wheat)
- 1-2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1-2 heaping TBS Minced Garlic (depending on your taste buds)
- 1 can of Petite Diced Tomatoes, partially drained (leave a bit of the juices)
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Basil, chopped (or 1 tsp of dried basil)
- (Optional) Grated Parmesan Cheese