I have several events coming up this summer that are going to require a cute dress.
Guess I need to go shopping! (Sometimes its rough being me 😉 Lets see what we can find.
1. ‘Precious Petal’ cotton dress from Mod Cloth. So cute for under $50. Seen in the current issue of People’s Style Watch!
2. This Beaded Irish Linen Sheath from Talbots is classically gorgeous. Great for highlighting your arms and legs and hiding everything else — while not looking like a circus tent. A difficult feat indeed.
4. I just love the bold, mod pattern in the Signature Floral Dress by Jones New York. (and its on sale for $70!)
I’m sorry. I have to interrupt this post to ponder how many stores are selling rompers. FOR ADULTS. even White House Black Market! Is this a joke?!?!? Please tell me this is a joke….
5. This Ruffle-Front Faux Wrap dress by Merona at
6. Oh. Be still my heart. Chiffon Ruffle Front Dress in
7. This Embroidered Dot Ruffled Sheath Dress from Ann Taylor is so classic… but so trendy. I’m a huge fan of ‘little black dresses’ that aren’t black!
8. Of course, you can never go wrong with black (says the girl with approximately 25 black sweaters). The Rushing Ruffles Dress from Anthropologie is a gorgeously feminine version of the little black dress! Love it!
Sidebar: alternate post title was “How Many Dresses Can She Find With Ruffles”
9. For a more formal wedding, this JAX Split Neck Pointe Knit Dress from Nordstroms is perfect. Not too fancy, a modern print, and a flattering cut for almost every body.
10. I love the back of this Silk Halter Dress from Banana Republic. So pretty!
What events are you shopping for a dress for this summer? Weddings? BlogHer? Spill it!
You can read more posts about fashion and family on Melissa’s blog, Girlymama.