Each and every year, I swear I won’t buy Easter clothing for my kids because 1) it almost always snows or is completely freezing, making the cute spring clothing completely inappropriate and 2) I always forget about SHOES to go with the cute dresses I picked out, so the girls end up wearing white dresses with their black or brown mary janes, which makes me twitch. But almost every year I cave and buy something because I just can’t resist the cuteness of spring dresses. And now that I have a boy, the sweater vests are calling my name! This year I can totally justify it, since we have so many events this summer that they will need to dress up for, so I’ve actually been looking around. So here are a few little gems I found for you:
- This dress on the left is the Easter dress that both of my girls wore last year – they were so adorable! They’re still available at Target – for only $14! (They still fit them, actually, but let’s not let that stop us from shopping.)
- This plaid dress by Chaps is at Kohls for under $25. I love the colors – they turned a traditionally winter print into a bright spring one!
- Now I know that chocolate brown isn’t what you think of for spring, but this floral patterned dress by My Michelle is still so darling! (And this is a very similar version in spring colors)
- My middle daughter would positively live in this ballerina dress by Cherokee. And I wouldn’t mind if she wore it around the house with a price
- Both my girls would love this polka dot dress from Childrens Place. I would get it different colors, so that the girls were matching, but not the same.
- Oh my heavens, do they make this in my size? The smocking! The ribbons! The embroidery!
- Okay. This pink nautical dress makes me feel like I’m in 1950. I love it!! (But my kids would totally not wear it 😉
- This gorgeous organza sleeveless dress with floral vine embroidery comes with a matching dress for a baby doll. They. Would. DIE!
- And – drumroll, please – This is the dress I bought for them. They had me at “pink” and “ruffles.” It is too cute! It even has a netted lining, so it looks all poofy and fancy.
- I mean, honestly. Who can handle this cuteness?
- Three words: Argyle. Sweater. Vest.
- And a seersucker plaid blazer? Are they trying to make people spontaneously combust at the sight of the cuteness?
- I love this little blazer paired with distressed jeans. This is beyond cute. I need a new word. Ubercute.
- A suit? *faint*
Sorry. I have to go lie down after all this cuteness. Its just too much for my system. And I need some time to grieve the fact that there is probably NO WAY that my son will ever let me put any of these cute outfits on him, seeing as I can barely convince him to wear clothes at all. SOB!
You can read more posts about fashion and family on Melissa’s blog, Girlymama.