Normal Admission is Adult, $21.95; Children (2-12) $17.95.
The Adventure Aquarium is open from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Adventure Aquarium features nearly 200,000 square feet of sea life and wildlife. You are in for the adventure of a lifetime when you visit the West African River Experience featuring hippopotamuses, porcupines and over 20 species of African birds that you can hand feed in a free-flight aviary; come tooth-to-tooth with sharks in a suspended 40-foot walk-through tunnel immersed in 550,000 gallons of water and get interactive by touching stingrays, jellyfish, starfish and sharks in the “Interactive Attraction” exhibits.
Chesco Mom..”been there, done that tips”
* Allow for three to four hours to make your way through the aquarium
* Strollers are permitted at Adventure Aquarium.
* A limited number of self-service lockers are available for storage of coats, bags and other personal items for $ 1.00 per use. Lockers are available on first-come, first-served basis.
* Food and beverage are permitted only in specified areas of the aquarium with the exception of bottled water which is permitted in all areas.
* Restrooms have baby changing stations – and per my last visit…the restrooms were very clean.
* Parking costs $9.00 per vehicle.
* Click here to download a printable Visitor Guide with map (PDF)
The last time I visited with my 4 year old I made a “Scavenger Hunt” page for her.
I “googled” pictures of various sharks, fish, penguins, etc, and printed them out. I also included the names of the sharks, fish, penguins on the page next to the picture. As we walked through the aquarium she searched for the names and the sharks, fish, penguins. When she found them she checked them off ( with stickers) of her “scavenger hunt” page and since she found all of the items on her list at the end of the visit she got a special treat from the gift shop. I laminated the page and since she used stickers .. we can re-use it over and over and over.