To be eligible:
● You must live in Lancaster, Lebanon, or Chester County
● Your residence was not weatherized in 1994 or later
● Your gross annual income can’t be above:
Maximum gross annual income per household:
1 person: $21,660
2 persons: $29,140
3 persons: $36,620
4 persons: $44,100
5 persons: $51,580
6 persons: $59,060
7 persons: $66,540
8 persons: $74,020
Each additional person: $7,480
Typical services include:
Air sealing to reduce drafts
Pipe and/or duct insulation
Plus, evaluation and service of your heating system!
What is “weatherization” all about?
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) of HDC provides FREE insulation and weather-proofing services to eligible residents. If you qualify, these services could help cut your utility bills as much as 30%! Call 800-732-3554 for a FREE consultation about weatherizing your home.
WAP knows how to weatherize your home.
WAP knows how to weatherize any type of home. That’s because we began in 1976 and have done more than 10,000 households in Lancaster, Lebanon and Chester counties.
Weatherization reduces home heating costs for residents least able to afford services, while increasing comfort levels in the home. We get our funding through the PA Department of Community and Economic Development. Now we’re expanding with additional funding from the U.S. Department of Energy to winterize even more residences.
What happens when we weatherize a home?
1) If you think you qualify, call us at 800-732-3554 or 717-509-8034. We’ll call you back to confirm your eligibility and place you on our WAP list.
2) When you reach the top of our list, we’ll call you to schedule an appointment with our Energy Auditor. Please be there when the Auditor arrives, otherwise you may lose your place on our list!
3) Our Energy Auditor will confirm your eligibility and check your utility bills–then recommend specific energy-saving measures based on our cost-effectiveness guidelines.
4) Then our WAP Crew will be scheduled for the work. When our WAP crew arrives, they may do: Air sealing, weather-stripping, and insulation of attics and/or basements. In addition, refrigerator and furnace repairs or replacements are made as needed.
It may take a few days … so please be patient!
5) Finally, our WAP Inspector will check the work and give you information to make sure your utility bills stay low.
For more information click here or visit http://www.hdcweb.com/weatherization.htm