To ensure that every child goes back to school in style this year, Goodwill Industries International and Family Circle have teamed up for a five million pound clothing drive.
Family Circle and Goodwill invite moms(and dads) to put their gently used adult and kids’ clothes to work, donating them so another child can have a “new to them” outfit for their first day of school.
The donated items will be sold at more than 2,300 Goodwill® retail stores, making affordable, contemporary clothing available to families on budgets. The program will also generate revenue that funds Goodwill’s job training programs and career services to help families achieve economic success.
Here is what you can do:
1) Get your donation coupon in September’s issue of Family Circle or online – click here.
2) Weigh your donation, fill out the coupon and attach it to your donation.
3) Drop off your donation at your local Goodwill® donation center.
Chester County donation centers: Exton, Berwyn, Phoenixville, Thorndale. Click here for contact information and directions
4) Let us know you donated by posting to the Facebook Back to School Clothing Drive Page event page. Be sure to add pictures and videos of your donation, too!
5) Check the Facebook Back to School Clothing Drive Page for updates about how many pounds of clothing we’ve collected.