Craig & Gina Wiley
Coldwell Banker Preferred
Whether you’re thinking about moving to a new school district or just want to know how your current one ranks, the information is at the tip of your fingers. In addition to some of the Pennsylvania’s best school districts, Chester County also has private and charter schools to consider. For a list of all schools in Chester County with links to their websites, click here. To see school statistics or compare schools in Chester County click here.
Since this is such an important concern with most families, we would like to ask our readers… what is most important to you in choosing a school for your children?
Summertime…How will this affect getting our home sold?
In some places school is already out, others it will be in a few short days. With summer come kids running around the house, vacations, family gatherings, and more hours of daylight. And you want to sell your house during all of this chaos? Many people make their move during the summer for obvious reasons. It doesn’t interrupt the school year, there is a larger selection of homes to choose from, corporate relocations, etc. But how can I get my home sold and move before school starts again?
Here are a few suggestions:
· Hire a REALTOR® to sell your house and manage your transaction so you can enjoy vacations, picnics, etc. without worrying doing everything yourself.
· Prepare the house before it goes on the market so that it is in excellent condition. And please, fix all of the little things because buyers notice! If you don’t have the time, schedule a handyman for a few hours. (As a courtesy, we offer a free consultation from a professional home stager to all of our sellers.)
· Price your house to sell from the first day it’s on the market. Houses are still getting multiple offers and selling in less than 30 days. Yours could too! However, the market doesn’t lie about pricing and for some people it just may not be the right time to move.
· Schedule your house to go on the market or make a price reduction and then GO ON VACATION! Does anyone really like preparing for buyers to come through their house? Probably not. So prepare it once, hop on a plane, and let your REALTOR ® get your home sold. With modern technology, we can usually do everything necessary to get an agreement completed over email, fax or phone.
· One last thing, while a last minute appointment or knock on your door is inconvenient, it just might be the buyers that purchase your house! If possible, try to accommodate their request.
We would like to make a useful contribution to the Chester County Moms blog. Please send us your comments and questions!
Our next post will be on Friday, June 19, 2009.
“Teamwork makes the dream work!”