Well, we’ve been doing Tasty Tuesdays for a few weeks now and I hope that all the Chester County Moms have been enjoying them! It’s always helpful to find new ideas of things to make in the kitchen!
Tasty Tuesdays is now going to be doing a “Kids in the Kitchen” segment once a month. So, in addition to everyday meal ideas, this monthly Tasty Tuesdays theme will showcase extra kid-friendly ideas! Kids in the Kitchen posts will be mainly geared towards recipes and other ideas about the month’s holiday (if there happens to be one that month)! So, get the kids together & enjoy!
Here’s a fabulously delicious recipe for Easter! These would be great treats to bring to your child’s classroom Easter Parties…they’re a great alternative to cupcakes!
- 20 chocolate or vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped SNICKERS® Bars
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Green food coloring
- 2 cups M&M’S® Brand Speckled Chocolate Eggs
- Mini muffin tin
- Mini muffin paper liners
- 1. Line muffin pan with paper muffin cups. Place one wafer cookie in the bottom of each cup, set aside.
- 2. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and almond extracts until smooth. Slowly add eggs and sour cream, mix until creamy. Stir in chopped SNICKERS® Bars.
- 3. Spoon mixture into muffin cups and bake in a preheated 375ºF oven until set, about 25 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4. Combine coconut with a few drops of food coloring to desired shade of green. Arrange on top of cheesecakes to resemble a nest. Fill nests with M&M’S® Brand Speckled Chocolate Eggs. Serve at room temperature.
For this & other great recipes, visit Bright Ideas.