Shannon is a Chester County Mom to 2 beautiful girls. She came to Chester County as an undergrad at West Chester University and fell in love with the area. She decided to stay in the region when she started her career in Project Management and eventually obtained her MBA from Penn State Great Valley. The blogging bug bit Shannon in early 2008 as a way to keep her friends and family updated on her childrens’ lives. Soon after, Shannon became a regular contributor and then “Mom”-ager of ChesterCountyMoms.com, In October 2008, Shannon and her fellow Chester County Mommy Bloggers participated in a GM Ride & Drive to the BlogHer Reach Out Tour in Boston. In May 2009, Shannon and Sarah appeared on a local ABC segment on the influence of Mommy Bloggers. Following the great success of ChesterCountyMoms.com, Shannon and Sarah launched MontcoMom.com, a regional blog for moms in Montgomery County in June 2009. Shannon is a member of both The Chester County Mommy Bloggers and The Philly Mommy Bloggers, is a Kiwi Magazine Ambassador, and is a bit of a social media junkie. When not blogging, facebooking or twittering, Shannon loves to spend time with her husband and daughters camping, traveling, hiking and enjoying the fresh air. Shannon is passionate about going green, organic eating and the environment. She feels going green is something that can be done by everyone in small steps through education and dedication.
Chester County Moms Contributors
Yvonne is a Chester County wife, mother of two girls, and freelance writer and independent communications consultant. As a former journalist, she enjoys reading and writing about the challenges of working mothers and the issues that surround them. A native of Connecticut, Yvonne has lived and worked in several cities including New York and Philadelphia, but has called Chester County home since 2001.
Tara is a Chesco Mom of two, and a fitness enthusiast, teaching Body Pump and Silver Sneakers classes at Tennis Addiction in Exton. Tara has worked in advertising for Main Line Today Magazine and marketing for Duke’s Firehose Company.
K.C. is a “household coordinator”, designer and breast cancer survivor. Originally from St. Louis, she moved to the Philadelphia area in 2000 after graduating from the University of Kansas School of Fine Arts with a BFA in Design. When her daughter was born in 2006, she started a small indie-craft business called The Diaper Bag Wrangler– which is a line of handmade accessories for practical mommies. When she’s not sewing, crafting, or managing her family- she enjoys traveling and being with her friends. At just 30 years old, she was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer and with the love and support of her husband, daughter, friends and family has kept an extremely positive attitude throughout her treatment. She will be contributing craft projects to the Chester County Moms Blog on a bi-weekly basis.
Eat Local Philly seeks to support our local food economy by showcasing locally owned and operated farms, CSAs, farm markets and shops around the greater Philadelphia area. We are committed to supporting local producers and enjoy discovering new sources for locally grown foods. We do the hard work so you don’t have to.
Our Trendy Thursday columnist, Bridget, is a Mom-prenuer & Owner of Bridie’s Baubles E-Boutique. Creative Style Maven, Mom to two lil men full of zest & vigor, Wife to an incredibly kind & extremely analytical Hubby. Choosing to be happy and remembering to reinvent myself often, laugh much, live stylishly&shop often!
Check Us Out Here!
Chester County Moms.com In the News, Speaking Engagements and Hosted Events
- August 2008 – Featured in Daily Local News article “Moms in Cyberspace”
- October 2008 – Participated in the GM Ride & Drive to the Blog Her Reach Out Tour in Boston.May 2009 – Featured on 6ABC segment about influence and popularity of “Mommy Bloggers”
- June 2009 – Welcome Sister-site Montco Moms to the Blogosphere.
- June 2, 2009 – Sarah posts to The Savvy Grouse.
- June 11, 2009 – Shannon posts to The Savvy Grouse.
- June 11, 2009 – Sarah & Shannon are interviewed by Michelle Paiva, host of “Pulse” on WCHE Talk Radio 1520.
- August 2009 -Happy 1st Birthday Chester County Moms.com
- September 2009 – Sarah & Shannon attend Type A Mom Conference in Ashville, NC
- September Sarah attends Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatium Launch in NYC with Tara of Tennis Addiction and Beth Feldman of RoleMommy
- October 2009 – Sarah & Shannon attend Time to Play Holiday Showcase in New York, NY
- October 2009 – Shannon attends Wisk Promotional event
- November 12, 2009 – Sarah & Shannon organize See Mom Run book tour of Chester County with Tara from Tennis Addiction.
- November 2009 – Sarah attends Jakks Pacific Cabbage Patch Kid weekend at The Golden Inn in Avalon, NJ
- December 10, 2009 – Chester County Moms Holiday Extravaganza to benefit Toys for Tots of Chester County.
- February 2010, Sarah & Shannon attend Hasbro Blogger Event in NYC
- March 2010, Sarah & Shannon attend Philly Blogger Spa event hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom
- March 2010, Sarah & Shannon host MomSpace Blogger Q & A at Drexelbrook, Delaware County, PA
- April 2010, Sarah & Shannon join the Advisory Board of The Philly Social Media Moms
- May 2010, Sarah & Shannon host the Grand Opening of P.L.A.Y, West Chester
- May 2010, Sarah becomes a Brand Ambassador for Backyard Discovery
- May 2010, Sarah & Shannon co-host a Blogger playdate for Mobi-Stories along with Beth Feldman from Role Mommy & Colleen Padilla from Classy Mommy
- June 2010, Sarah & Shannon co-host Baby Shower Extravaganza along with Colleen from Classy Mommy & Whitney from Mommies With Style
- July 2010, Sarah attends the Thermador Blogger event in Scottsdale, AZ
- August, Shannon appears on NBC Philadelphia – Survive at 5 with Tracy Davidson
- September 11, 2010, Shannon is a speaker at Bloggy Bootcamp, Philadelphia
- September 16, 2010 Shannon attends an event hosted by Chef Marcela Vallolodid
- December 2010, Holiday Extravaganza 2010 for Toys for Tots of Chester County.
- January 2011, Interviewed by Social Media Melting Pot